Connect with us

Soccer

Coman considered Man City move before committing to Bayern

Published

on

Before completing his permanent switch from Juventus the France international says that he weighed up a switch to Pep Guardiola’s Premier League side

Kingsley Coman has revealed he considered signing for Manchester City before committing his future to Bayern Munich.

The France international completed a permanent deal worth a total of €35million, including loan fees, in April after Bayern took up their option to buy the attacking midfielder from Juventus.

Concerns over his playing time at Allianz Arena prompted Coman to weigh up the possibility of moving instead to City, where he would have been reunited with former Bayern boss Pep Guardiola.

But, after receiving assurances from Bayern, he opted not to pursue the alternative of a transfer to England.

« I didn’t hesitate in relation to Manchester City or the coach, but because of my situation, » Coman told French television channel TF1 .

« I’m young, I’m in a time of my life where I need to play. If it wasn’t here, if it was difficult, I was ready to think about leaving.

« But I spoke to the president about the club’s project, about me, and everything was sorted out. »

Although Coman now has a contract with newly-crowned Bundesliga champions Bayern through to 2020, the 20-year-old remains unsure about his future.

« Normally, yes, » Coman said when asked if he would stay at Bayern for next season. « Having said that, you don’t know what can happen.

« If tomorrow – I know it’s not possible – they buy [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo and everyone and I know it’s going to be difficult, I could think about leaving. But normally, yes.

« I’m very satisfied with my career. Today, I’m at Bayern. I don’t see why I should have regrets. »

Source:  www.goal.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Soccer

Nigeria drop to 50th position in latest FIFA ranking

Published

on

By

– Nigeria have dropped to 50th position in the November FIFA ranking

– The former African champions also dropped to 8th position in Africa

– In October, Nigeria were ranked 41st in the world, and 5th in Africa

Despite finishing their 2018 World Cup qualifiers unbeaten, and also beating Argentina 4-2 in their last international friendly, the Super Eagles have dropped to 50th position in the latest FIFA ranking.

World football governing body (FIFA) released the November edition of the ranking on Thursday, November 23, and Nigeria are now 50th in the World and occupy 8th position in Africa.

This latest FIFA ranking is expected not to go well with many Nigerian fans who are expecting the Super Eagles to go up considering their recent matches.

In October 2017, Super Eagles were ranked 41st in the world and 5th in Africa, and many Nigerian will definitely ask themselves the yardstick FIFA are using for their ranking.

Nigeria have also dropped to 8th position in Africa, the Super Eagles were ranked 5th best in the last edition of the FIFA ranking.

Super Eagles drop to 50th position in latest FIFA rankings

Super Eagles drop to 50th position in latest FIFA rankings (photo: FIFA)

Germany are the best football nation in the world according to the November FIFA ranking, while Argentina that lost to Nigeria in their last match occupy 4th in the world.

READ ALSO: Wenger wants Giovanni Van Bronckhorst to replace him at Arsenal

Previously, NAIJ.com had reported how the Super Eagles defeated Argentina in their last international friendly in Russia.

Top 5 Nigerian football players: who is the best? On NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng

Continue Reading

Soccer

Morocco extends Herve Renard’s deal until 2022

Published

on

By

<!–

Morocco extends Herve Renard’s deal until 2022

–>


The Royal Moroccan Football Federation has handed national team coach Herve Renard a new contract which will expire in February 2022.

RMFF opted to lock the French manager down after leading the Atlas Lions to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, for the first time since 1998.

The 49-year-old former Zambia and Cote d’Ivoire coach’s target is to win the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon as well as qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

« Renard’s contract guarantees him to work under the best conditions until 2022 and with different objectives, » the BBC quotes Fouzi Lekjaa of FMF.

« By agreeing the deal we are demonstrating our faith in Renard beyond the World Cup.

« We are saying that we believe that Renard is the right man to take us forward. »

Source: www.africanfootball.com

Continue Reading

Soccer

Breaking: Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison!

Published

on

Italian justice has sentenced Robinho, who is currently playing at Atletico Mineiro, to 9 years in prison for raping a nightclub in Milan in 2013.

Robinho will he go to jail? The Brazilian star, who played in Europe under the colors of Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan and now turns 33 Atletico Mineiro, is in any case in the sight of the Italian justice , who has sentenced him to nine years in prison, reports Thursday the press transalpine.

The international auriverde (100 caps, 28 goals) has received such a penalty from the court of Milan for a case of sexual assault, which goes back several years, when he played under the colors of the club rossonero. Robinho was in fact convicted of raping a 22-year-old Albanian girl. Facts committed in January 2013 in a discotheque of the Lombard capital with five acquaintances.

Already in 2009, the Brazilian trained in Santos, then Manchester City, was arrested by the British police in a rape case, before being released on bail, then cleared. Robinho was not present at the hearing this time and is currently in his homeland. @ Sports

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular