Connect with us

Soccer

‘He leaves with a trail of glory’ – Del Bosque hails Luis Enrique

Published

on

The Catalan club’s success this season will not determine the status of the departing boss, says the former Spain manager 

Whether or not Barcelona win more trophies this season, the legacy of outgoing head coach Luis Enrique is already secure at Camp Nou, according to Vicente del Bosque.

Luis Enrique will leave Barcelona at the end of the season but there is still plenty to play for as the Catalan giants attempt to retain their La Liga title, win the Champions League and Copa del Rey.

Barca’s success, however, will not determine the status of Luis Enrique, who has won eight trophies as a coach of the club – including two La Liga crowns and the Champions League in 2014-15.

« Beyond the three titles which he can still win this season, Luis Enrique has already won so many titles that he will leave a permanent legacy, » former Real Madrid and Spain boss Del Bosque told RAC1.

« He’s given such high levels of performance to the club as both a coach and a player. He leaves with a trail of glory. »

Athletic Bilbao’s Ernesto Valverde and Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli have been linked with the Barca post at the end of the season.

It remains to be seen who Barca will turn to but it definitely will not be Del Bosque, who walked away from management following Spain’s failed Euro 2016 campaign in France.

« I’m not going to coach [again], » the 66-year-old insisted.

« I’m feeling great and I’m not suffering from any nostalgia. When I left Real Madrid I already said that I would not train Barca or Atletico Madrid. »

Source: www.goal.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Soccer

Germany Star To Replace Yaya At City?

Published

on

By

It seems Pep Guardiola wants to replace Yaya Toure with a Germany star who is also being chased by the likes of FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool.

Read: ‘Yaya Should Leave Pep’s City’

The Spaniard is keen on improving his in-form squad, which is yet to lose a game this season. City have begun the Premier League season on fire, winning 11 of their first 12 games so far. As a consequence, they have opened up an eight-point gap on second-placed Manchester United.

However, one star who has not featured much in Guardiola’s plans so far is Toure, and the Ivorian is rumoured to be leaving the club in January. The City boss is reportedly targeting Leon Goretzka, whose contract with Schalke expires at the end of the season, as his replacement.

The Sunday Mirror reported that Guardiola could try to lure Goretzka to the Etihad in January for a cut-price fee in order to beat competition from FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool, among others.

Schalke could be open to cashing in on the 22-year-old, who starred for Germany during the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, instead of losing him for free at the end of the campaign.

Goretzka plays in a similar role to Toure and would not be cup-tied in European competitions in the second half of the season because Schalke did not qualify for the UEFA Europa League or Champions League this campaign.

Read: 10 Stars Barca Could Target In January

The midfielder would become the third Germany star in Guardiola’s squad, joining Ilkay Gundogan and Leroy Sane.

Do you think Goretzka would be a good replacement for Toure? Have your say in the comments section below.

<a href="https://iono.fm/p/298" _cke_saved_href="https://iono.fm/p/298">Content hosted by iono.fm</a>

Source: www.soccerladuma.co.za

Continue Reading

Soccer

Oumar Niasse: Everton striker banned for two games for diving

Published

on

By

Everton striker Oumar Niasse has been banned for two matches after being found guilty of diving.

The Senegal forward is the first Premier League player to be punished under the new Football Association laws, which were introduced in May.

Niasse won a controversial penalty, under pressure from Scott Dann, during Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

The 27-year-old will miss Everton’s game at Southampton on Sunday and at home to West Ham on 29 November.

Niasse denied he had « committed an act of simulation » that led to the penalty being awarded in the fifth minute of the game.

Leighton Baines converted from the spot, and Niasse later scored his side’s second equaliser at Selhurst Park.

The FA’s Independent Regulatory Commission, which includes former players, found the striker guilty of the charge when they met on Wednesday.

Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

They review video footage independent to each other and the FA only issues a charge if the panel are in unanimous in agreeing there was simulation.

Carlisle forward Shaun Miller was the first to be banned, when he was suspended for two games in October.

Bristol City defender Bailey Wright was suspended for two games earlier this month, while Manchester City forward Bernardo Silva and Watford’s Richarlison have both avoided charges this season.

Source: www.bbc.com/sport

Continue Reading

Soccer

APOEL V Real Madrid – As it happened.

Published

on

By

Join us for live text updates of the Champions League game between APOEL and Real Madrid.

Source: www.besoccer.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular