Senegal will face off with United Stars of America (U.S.A) in the 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup Group F game at the Incheon Football Stadium on Thursday.
The Young Lions of Teranga recorded a 2-0 victory over Saudi Arabia in their opening group match which was played on Monday.
The victory took Senegal to the top of Group D standings with three points. They are two points above third-placed Ecuador.
Ibrahima Niane, who scored Senegal’s first goal of the tournament, will be looking to score again and help his side record a victory over U.S.A.
Meanwhile, U.S.A came back to hold Ecuador to a 3-3 stalemate in their first group encounter which was played on Monday.
The draw left the Young Stars and Stripes placed second on the Group F standings with one point. They are two points behind the leaders Senegal.
Josh Sargent, who grabbed a brace against Ecuador, will be hoping to inspire the Young Stars and Stripes to victory over Senegal.
Uruguayan referee Andres Cunha will be in charge of the encounter between Senegal and U.S.A in the South Korean city of Incheon.
The tattoo of this CR7 fan who ignites social networks!
In a few weeks, Cristiano Ronaldo should, except surprise, win the 5th Golden Ball of his rich career. The Portuguese, author of a breathtaking 2016-2017 season, can count on the support of his fans around the world.
This Lebanese supporter can hardly say the opposite. The latter, an unconditional fan of the Madrid striker, has indeed made the crazy decision to get a tattoo number 7 and the name of Ronaldo behind him, as if it were a jersey Real Madrid. An incredible decision that is currently buzzing on social networks. See instead.
If Cristiano Ronaldo does not have tattoos, regularly donating blood, this is not the case for his fans, who do not hesitate to engrave his name on their body for the rest of their lives. If it’s not a beautiful proof of love …
Robinho : Brazil striker given nine-year term in Italy for rape
Former AC Milan and Real Madrid striker Robinho has been sentenced to nine years in prison in Italy after he was convicted of gang rape, according to local media reports Thursday.
Robinho was found guilty in absentia by an Italian court for sexually assaulting a 22-year-old Albanian woman
The alleged incident occurred in January 2013, when the Brazilian was playing for Milan in Serie A.
He was found guilty in absentia by an Italian court for raping a 22-year-old Albanian woman.
Five of the player’s friends were accused of the same crime. One of the accused was also given a nine-year prison sentence while the trial of the four others has been suspended because they are on the run.
According to Milan daily Corriere della Sera, Robinho and his acquaintances made the young woman drink « to the point of making her unconscious and unable to resist ».
They were then said to have engaged in « sexual intercourse multiple times in a row » with her.
The court in Milan also ordered those found guilty to pay the victim 60,000 euros ($71,000).
Robinho, who is currently playing for Atletico Mineiro in Brazil, posted messages on his Instagram and Facebook profiles protesting his innocence and his lawyer said an appeal against the verdict had been launched.
« We have already said that he has defended himself against these accusations and stated that he played no role in this incident, » the statement said.
« All legal measures have already been taken. »
The sentence is suspended while appeals take place.
It is not the first time the player has faced allegations of sexual misconduct.
He was questioned by British police in 2009 after a woman accused him of assault at a nightclub in Leeds, northern England while he was playing for Manchester City. He was eventually released without charge.
The 33-year-old won 100 international caps for Brazil and played in the 2006 and 2010 World Cups.
He was one of the first big-money signings at Manchester City, joining for 32.5 million pounds on the day the English Premier League club was taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group.
Inter-Milan back for long-term target Godfred Donsah
Inter-Milan have revived their interest in Ghana international Godfred Donsah.
The Italian giants are ready to trigger the release clause of the midfielder in the January transfer window.
Bologna refused to release the 21-year-old in the summer transfer window but could be tempted to allow the player make a switch following the persistent interest from the Nerazzurri.
AS Roma and Juventus are also in pursuit for the former Ghana U20 ace but Inter looks the most favorite to land a deal with the talent.
Joined Bologna on a four-year deal from fellow Serie A Club Cagliari in 2015, the player has since grown to become an important figure in the Bologna team.
Inter-Milan will be expected not to pay less than £4.5m before luring the midfielder from Bologna.
Talks between the two sides (Inter-Milan and Bologna) is said to be in progress hence a deal could be struck in the coming weeks.
By Frank Darkwah
Soccer18 heures ago
Breaking: Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison!
Africa3 heures ago
Samuel Eto’o offers a million and a half to every migrant
Soccer21 heures ago
Hazard tells an anecdote about Aurier!
Soccer8 heures ago
Why Super Eagles dropped in FIFA Ranking despite win against Argentina
Soccer16 heures ago
Brazilian star Robinho sentenced to nine years in prison
Soccer23 heures ago
Neymar’s reaction after a question about Real’s interest
Soccer12 heures ago
Ronaldo edging Messi in goal race
Liga BBVA19 heures ago
Neymar totally annoyed by the rumor of Real!