Connect with us

Soccer

Xavi tells Barcelona not to sign Bellerin

Published

on

Former Barcelona legend Xavi Hernandez spoke to Spanish newspaper ‘Sport’, and insisted Barcelona should not sign Hector Bellerin from Arsenal.

Barcelona have been linked with a number of right-backs in recent times, but favourite to strengthen this particular position at the Camp Nou is Arsenal man Hector Bellerin.

Ex-Barcelona captain Xavi Hernandez, however, has shown himself to be against the move: ‘I have not seen him play much but let me say one thing, I would find it difficult to sign a player that we [Barcelona] had previously had at the club’.

Hector Bellerin walked out of Barcelona aged 16 to join Arsenal, and is now looking to return to the Catalan side much like Pique and Fabregas did.

When those particular successful returns were pointed out to the former midfielder, Xavi said: ‘It can work out good, bad or indifferent. But I am not in favour of bringing back players who have left. Why do they leave when they are just 16 or 17? I really don’t understand it’.

He was then asked about re-signing Gerard Deulofeu, to which he answered: ‘That is a different case. He did not want to leave; the club invited him to move’.

Source:  www.besoccer.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Soccer

Hugo Broos threatens to quit as Cameroon coach

Published

on

By

<!–

Hugo Broos threatens to quit as Cameroon coach

–>


Cameroon coach Hugo Broos has revealed that the Federation of Cameroonian Football has not offered him a new contract as he signals his intention to quit.

The Belgian manager says he will vacate his coaching position in February when he meets the FECAFOOT hierarchy.

Media reports in Europe reveal that Broos has threatened to quit and will not accept the new 18-month contract offered to him through a verbal agreement in May.

KAIZER CHIEFS COACH RUES RED CARD IN TKO DEFEAT

Broos says he has been asking for the new document to sign officially, but the normalisation committee has never answered him.

“Since May nobody has ever came to my home nor summoned me to Younde to propose me sign a new contract. I have several times asked where the file is but no one answers me,” he said to Juene Afrique.

“If nothing moves, I will officially announce my departure. I cannot give you the date of my resignation but it will come very soon. I am a professional and I want to find out first where I am going first.

“I cannot afford to wait until the new president is elected. Imagine that once in office he says: We don’t want to work with Hugo Broos anymore. Do you understand why I am bitter?.”

Meanwhile, the African Cup of Nations winning coach is reportedly owed four months salary by the government, but he says it is not the reason he is planning to resign.

Source: www.africanfootball.com

Continue Reading

Soccer

Germany Star To Replace Yaya At City?

Published

on

By

It seems Pep Guardiola wants to replace Yaya Toure with a Germany star who is also being chased by the likes of FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool.

Read: ‘Yaya Should Leave Pep’s City’

The Spaniard is keen on improving his in-form squad, which is yet to lose a game this season. City have begun the Premier League season on fire, winning 11 of their first 12 games so far. As a consequence, they have opened up an eight-point gap on second-placed Manchester United.

However, one star who has not featured much in Guardiola’s plans so far is Toure, and the Ivorian is rumoured to be leaving the club in January. The City boss is reportedly targeting Leon Goretzka, whose contract with Schalke expires at the end of the season, as his replacement.

The Sunday Mirror reported that Guardiola could try to lure Goretzka to the Etihad in January for a cut-price fee in order to beat competition from FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool, among others.

Schalke could be open to cashing in on the 22-year-old, who starred for Germany during the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, instead of losing him for free at the end of the campaign.

Goretzka plays in a similar role to Toure and would not be cup-tied in European competitions in the second half of the season because Schalke did not qualify for the UEFA Europa League or Champions League this campaign.

Read: 10 Stars Barca Could Target In January

The midfielder would become the third Germany star in Guardiola’s squad, joining Ilkay Gundogan and Leroy Sane.

Do you think Goretzka would be a good replacement for Toure? Have your say in the comments section below.

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;a href=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;https://iono.fm/p/298&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; _cke_saved_href=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;https://iono.fm/p/298&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Content hosted by iono.fm&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;

Source: www.soccerladuma.co.za

Continue Reading

Soccer

Oumar Niasse: Everton striker banned for two games for diving

Published

on

By

Everton striker Oumar Niasse has been banned for two matches after being found guilty of diving.

The Senegal forward is the first Premier League player to be punished under the new Football Association laws, which were introduced in May.

Niasse won a controversial penalty, under pressure from Scott Dann, during Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

The 27-year-old will miss Everton’s game at Southampton on Sunday and at home to West Ham on 29 November.

Niasse denied he had « committed an act of simulation » that led to the penalty being awarded in the fifth minute of the game.

Leighton Baines converted from the spot, and Niasse later scored his side’s second equaliser at Selhurst Park.

The FA’s Independent Regulatory Commission, which includes former players, found the striker guilty of the charge when they met on Wednesday.

Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

They review video footage independent to each other and the FA only issues a charge if the panel are in unanimous in agreeing there was simulation.

Carlisle forward Shaun Miller was the first to be banned, when he was suspended for two games in October.

Bristol City defender Bailey Wright was suspended for two games earlier this month, while Manchester City forward Bernardo Silva and Watford’s Richarlison have both avoided charges this season.

Source: www.bbc.com/sport

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular